Saturday, May 17, 2014

What a fall !

“Ten years ago, when I was entrusted with this responsibility, I entered upon it with diligence as my tool, truth as my beacon and a prayer that I might always do the right thing,” Manmohan Singh said in his statement. (This statement alone entitles Singh to a Nobel Prize in Literature as the best of any fiction ever written.)

Ten years later, he leaves the post recognised as the most indiligent prime minister we ever had, and doing the only thing he did right in the last five years, that is retiring from the post. His beacon of truth deserted him when he defended ministers like Raja and ranis like Sonia Gandhi. 

At least now, would Manmohan Singh stand by his professed ideals and inform the nation why he acted the way he did especially in the last five years?

No comments: