Friday, April 13, 2018

"Chanda Kochhar is not guilty"

I am now convinced that Chanda Kochhar is not guilty of any misdemeanour. We have been barking up the wrong tree for quite some time. Here is why.

Figures speak louder than words. Similarly, statements speak louder than actions. So, I go by statements.
You may remember the three unforgettable statements of the recent past:

1) ICICI: The brother of one's spouse is not a relative according to The Companies Act for the purposes of related party transactions.

2) Deepak Kochhar: I did not inform my wife my business relationship with Venugopal Dhoot.

3) Venugopal Dhoot: When ICICI sanctioned loans to Videocon, I was not aware that Chanda Kochhar was associated with ICICI Bank.

If these statements do not convince you of Chanda Kochhar's innocence, you may want to question her yourself. What would be her reply to you?

Q: Are you aware of Rajiv Kochhar benefitting from your bank's clients?

A: Who is Rajiv Kochhar? I don't know anything about him.

Q: When did your husband tell you about his business deals with the promoter of Videocon?

A: My husband never told me anything about this. In fact, we do not speak to each other. We are a deaf-mute couple.

Q: Did you personally know Venugopal Dhoot when your bank sanctioned loans to his group?

A: Who is Venugopal Dhoot? When I studied the loan papers of Videocon group, I looked at the names of companies only. I was not distracted by irrelevant information like who was the promoter. We are a focused bank.

You may think these are imaginary. Yes, they are. If you really ask Chanda Kochhar these questions, you may get even more surprising answers. If she speaks, that is.

1 comment:

HOME LOAN BALANCE TRANSFER said...

Hi I like Your Blog. Your blog is really informative and helpful for all. Keep updating with newer post on AXIS Bank personal loan interest rate for infosys.