Thursday, May 09, 2013

Ashwani Kumar's credibility

Ashwani Kumar, India's Law Minister (no less) thinks truth is a relative phenomenon and that one person's untruth may be another's truth.

Did he materially alter CBI's report (meant for submission to the Supreme Court) on coalgate? Initially he said he had only seen the report. Next came the disclosure that he had made grammatical changes. CBI in its affidavit to the Supreme Court asserted he had suggested changes which were incorporated. The Supreme Court observed that he had unauthorisedly asked the CBI to alter some parts of the report and accordingly the 'heart' of the report got modified. Honourable Kumar continues in the cabinet as if he has not done anything wrong.

Today he visited the prime minister's office. If the media had asked what he discussed with his mutual well-wisher, the response would have been like this:

1) I only went to his office. I did not meet him.

2) I met him, but did not talk to him.

3) I spoke to him, but did not discuss coalgate.

4) I spoke to him, but he could not listen to me.

5) I told him so many things, but he did not respond. (Singh's non-responsiveness goes without saying.)

After 30 minutes of intensive questioning, media would give up.

No comments: